Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Self

I am not real big on pictures of myself, who is? But I particularly like this photo because of the context of it. It was two weeks ago at a girls weekend and I am pretty sure this is how I looked the whole time, (except when I was dry heaving in the middle of an 8 mile run). So happy and relaxed. I was taking some of my friends and I stopped to suggest how to pose in front on the camera which really was just ridiculous, if you are lucky you might get one of those :).. so we were laughing and having fun and Alexis took this. Girls weekends and girls in general are good for the soul on so many level. I am pretty sure I came back a few years younger, oh wait.. that is photoshop that happened to the wrinkles :)
The self in psychological terms is basically your whole. The perception and understanding you have of yourself. It's coming to terms with your personality, the good parts and the bad. It takes a lifetime to find it, slowly building a familiarity with the Self. I love to look at my life and see how I have evolved, thank goodness, and am evolving.

5 comments:

Dustin Izatt said...

Awesome shot. :) You should be in front of the camera more often :P

D

aLeXis said...

Love love this photo. I would say it was all MY SKILL, but pretty sure it is just the fabulous camera, your skilled settings, gorgeous Bear Lake background, and of course the BEAUTIFUL FIERCE MODEL! All I did was push a button. Man! Still love it though. You are so pretty! Will you be my best friend??? :)

kimberly said...

this really is an awesome picture. you look so so pretty. i wonder where piper gets it ?? :)

Katie, Sean and Nash Crowther said...

definitely can't deny that you are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Adam and Brittany said...

Beautiful! Your hair looks really cute!